cookiecache

What Betas Are You In?

Just wondering what betas everyone is participating in (officially and unofficially...)?

Currently I've been playing with the new uTorrent beta for Mac. It's okay...although I have a feeling I won't switch to it from xTorrent.

I'm also in the Things beta, although it's gone public since...best to-do application ever. They also made an iPhone/iPod touch client which syncs with the desktop version.

I'm also participating in the Boxee beta/alpha whatever you want to call it. Definitely a piece of software that looks promising although I've not sacrificed my AppleTV to it yet :)

How about you all?

official betas at the moment: nothing

i was blacklisted from the beta program about two years back :)

Which one? If you don't mind me asking :rolleyes:

I am unoffically beta testing Windows 7 at the moment. I know it doesn't seem that long, but I have been beta testing Windows 7 ever since Build 6519 leaking. :rolleyes:

I am unoffically beta testing Windows 7 at the moment. I know it doesn't seem that long, but I have been beta testing Windows 7 ever since Build 6519 leaking. :rolleyes:

Is that the PDC build or after?

Just to clarify things for those who doesn't know, Build 6519 was only supposed to be tested by a few select Microsoft partners and Build 6801 WAS the one handed out at this year's PDC.

Did anyone here ever beta test Windows Vista after the development reset or Windows XP when it was in beta back in 2000/2001?

I've used a lot of builds from those eras...

:rolleyes: Let me guess, you were privileged enough to get at unleaked stuff only ''the scene'' had right? :rolleyes:

Anyways, I am also beta-testing Internet Explorer 8 RC under Windows Vista as well.

@J.Byrne Oh, sorry for upsetting you. I was just wondering, what was the first thing you ever beta-tested ever?

By Beta test, you mean the official Microsoft Beta programs?

Vista RC2.

Sidenote, anyone use Live Mesh?

No but someone said I should check it out, I have no idea what it is... :wacko:

@J.Byrne. But you said you have unoffically beta-tested betas of Windows XP in the 2000/2001 era. I wonder if you have ever beta-tested that Windows Neptune that was around in 1999? :rolleyes:

Just wondering what betas everyone is participating in (officially and unofficially...)?

Currently I've been playing with the new uTorrent beta for Mac. It's okay...although I have a feeling I won't switch to it from xTorrent.

I'm also in the Things beta, although it's gone public since...best to-do application ever. They also made an iPhone/iPod touch client which syncs with the desktop version.

I'm also participating in the Boxee beta/alpha whatever you want to call it. Definitely a piece of software that looks promising although I've not sacrificed my AppleTV to it yet :)

How about you all?

I am looking for a few good betas. - musicwalt

@J.Byrne. But you said you have unoffically beta-tested betas of Windows XP in the 2000/2001 era. I wonder if you have ever beta-tested that Windows Neptune that was around in 1999? :rolleyes:

Being the only Neptune build to leak, that build is actually very common.

Dare I ask, why all the questions?

ADD: Theres a new Release candidate out for WLM9, anyone else tried it?

Little memory hungry, but looks great.

Dare I ask, why all the questions?

I am just intrested, thats why. ^_^

In the past, in 2006, I beta-tested Windows Media Player 11 Beta 2 and Internet Explorer 7 when it was in RC1 state. The first time I ever beta-tested Internet Explorer 8, was when it was Beta 1.

I test Windows 7 builds. Now I'm testing build 7100. All is OK. ;)

I've tested 6801 and 7000 and I am going to test Build 7100 this weekend! ;)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.